Published
2 hours agoon
By
MAINMore than 50 co-ordinated arson and incendiary attacks “aimed at creating unrest” have been carried out across Thailand’s insurgency-hit south, the Thai military has said.
At least two people were injured, with a local government office building, a convenience store, and a stolen vehicle among the targets set on fire.
The incidents took place across the country’s southern border provinces between 20:00 local time (13:00 GMT) and midnight on Saturday, the military’s Internal Security Operations Command said in a statement.
Most were reported in Narathiwat province, with others occurring in neighbouring Yala and Pattani.
According to the Bangkok Post, two women were injured when a bomb exploded in Muang district in Narathiwat province.
Telecommunication towers were set on fire in several locations, and security officials warned residents not to touch suspicious objects.
Authorities imposed an overnight curfew in the Narathiwat province that was lifted on Sunday morning. No further attacks had been reported on Sunday.
